Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Late Summer, Too Hot Blahs

I'm still around, just haven't had anything to say or photos to post. The weather is hot and I've had about enough of heat. I haven't been riding for a couple of weeks and won't start again for another 2 to 3 probably.
Both handymen are back in action. Senior Handyman is putting up screening in the big gap between the barn eaves & walls as wildfire protection. He found a good place to buy the screening that is used in the security screen doors & that is what is going up. This will stop flying embers & sparks from blowing into the barn & setting the hay on fire. This is something I have wanted to do for a while but never had the spare money. I decided I would never have the spare money so just get it done. The screening was reasonably priced; the labor is the expensive part. It is nearly done. Not-So-Senior Handyman is back in action now & is working hard trimming the snow damage from the pepper trees. Yes, snow damage, from way back in February. Other things have taken priority here. He is also cleaning up the chamisa, AKA greasewood, from around the pepper trees and the pump house. That really needed to be done for fire safety.

Horses doing good. Clarion has 3 troubles right now and 2 are mysteries. I am not sure if it is wishful thinking or not, but I think I see some improvement on one mystery. If the other mystery is indeed snake bite, well, that is just going to take a lot of time.

Ah, well, this too shall pass.

1 comment:

Erin said...

What is going on with Clarion??? Wow! Another snake bite??? Hope he gets to feeling better soon. Red is having some challenges... I think it has something to do with this heat, that and those darn flies... And I even use the fly masks, fly spray and those milk jug fly traps... Go figure.